Epilepsy Canada is a registered Canadian charity dedicated to positively affecting the lives of those living with epilepsy. It undertakes education and awareness activities to build understanding, acceptance and hope for those effected by epileptic seizures or SUDEP (Sudden Unexplained Death from Epilepsy). And through its active financial support of epilepsy research, it strives to help the Canadian neurology community find a cure for epilepsy.
Epilepsy Canada is governed by a nationally representative Board of Directors, comprised of leading professionals from the neurology and business communities. Founded in 1966, the organization depends on donor and volunteer support for the continued development and delivery of its research grant programs.
- To fund the best epilepsy research in Canada;
- To increase public and professional awareness of epilepsy as a universal, treatable brain disorder;
- To change attitudes, dispel myths and raise epilepsy to a new plane of acceptability in the public domain;
- To promote public and professional education about epilepsy;
- To identify the needs of people with epilepsy on a national basis